External Gear PumpsThe external gear pumping principle uses two rotating gears which unmesh at the suction side of the pump to create a vacuum which pulls fluid into the pump. The spaces between the gear teeth transport the fluid along the outer perimeter of the housing to the discharge side, and then the gears re-mesh at the center to discharge the fluid. The gears are supported by bearings on both sides, which allows high discharge pressure capabilities.
Features & Benefits
- Higher Pressure Capabilities - With shaft support on both sides of the gears.
- Multi-Section Pumps - Use one motor for multiple pumping applications, blending liquids, or splitting flows to different uses.
- Shaft Seal Options - Including lip seal, component seal, cartridge seal and sealless mag drive options.
- Porting Options - Viking's broadest selection of port locations, configurations, and types.
- Compact, Close Coupled Options - For motor speed operation or with gearmotors.
- Minimal Pulsation - For accurate flow measurement.
- Reliability and Easy to Maintain - With only two moving parts.
- One Shaft Seal - More reliable and lower cost than two used on timed lobe and screw pumps.
|Discharge Size||3/8" - 4"|
|Flow Rates to||190 GPM|
|Pressures to||2500 PSI (5775' TDH)|
|Temperatures to||450° F|
|Viscosity Range||28 to 1,000,000 SSU|
Options & Accessories
Lid-Ease® Basket Strainers
Viking Lid-Ease® strainers provide protection for any pumping system by preventing solids or foreign materials from entering the pump. Quarter-turn, easy opening breech-lock lid simplifies rout...
Viking Bolted-Lid strainers provide protection for any pumping system by preventing solids or foreign materials from entering the pump. Strainer bodies available in ductile iron. Inclined basket...
Inline Gear Reducers
Viking offers eleven sizes of in-line, double reduction gear reducers to reduce standard driver speeds to match pump (or other driven equipment) requirements. With the in-line design, the input (high ...
Offset Gear Reducers
Viking offers three sizes of offset, gear reducers with an adjustable height bracket. Features: Ratios are fully interchangeable in each gearbox Multiple mounting brackets enable output shaft t...
Shaft Power Monitors
The Emotron M20 shaft power monitor offers pump protection for positive displacement and centrifugal pumps. The Emotron M20 utilizes a sensor that detects current from the electric motor. ...