SpiralTrac Environmental Controller
The SpiralTrac™ Environmental Controller is an exclusive, patented throat bushing specially engineered to transform and control the internal stuffing box environment in rotating process equipment to reduce downtime and extend equipment life. With unique versions designed to work with both Chesterton mechanical seals and packing, SpiralTrac modifies the flows that exist inside rotating processing equipment:
- Enables particulates to be removed from the stuffing box (and away from packing or mechanical seals)
- Permits air to evacuate the stuffing box upon flooding to retain cooling
- Minimizes heat buildup in the stuffing box by creating circulation around seal faces.
Avoid Complex Environmental Control Systems
SpiralTrac is used with a small flush or no flush in chemical service applications and is machined in the bottom to effectively drain the seal cavity.
It is offered in four configurations:
- Split: Split ring design for easy installation
- Adapter: For non-standard stuffing box configurations
- Standard: Bushing style
- Packing: For use with compression packing
|Configurations||Split, Adapter, Standard, Packing|
|Materials||316SS, 416SS, PTFE (Glass Filled), Bronze, Ti/EN, AWC800 (Red Polymer), Monel® K400|
Options & Accessories
442C Cartridge Split Seal
Simple, Fast Installation and Greater Sealing Reliability The Chesterton 442C™ Cartridge Split Seal combines superior seal performance with the ease of installation of a cartridge seal. T...
DualPac® 2211 Severe Service Slurry Packing
Chesterton® DualPac 2211 is built to address these issues by combining two complimentary materials in one packing. Using our patented braiding technology graphite filled ePTFE can be placed...
DualPac® 2212 High Performance Packing
Chesterton® DualPac 2212 is created using our patented DualPac Technology, which combines a burn-resistant material on the packing’s shaft side with a highly resilient ou...